"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Falling in love each day...

I haven't been writing much lately.

I am not sure why.  Certainly there are many thoughts dancing around in my head and many discussion going on in my heart; but, my fingers have just felt strangely quiet.  And, that is okay.

I haven't been writing lately.  But, I have been counting...  I think I will forever count my way to 1,000 with Ann Voskamp.  It is such a gift to me from God!

In a book I was recently reading, it was recommended that I "fall in love with something and/or someone every day; even if it is only a tree.  Love is the key.  Love conquers."  When I read that advice, my heart leapt.  This is why I count and search and recount the beauty of God's gifts of grace to me!  I am looking for love.  I am looking for Love--- Him:  Love-Himself displayed in the works of His hands and the gifts of grace given to me each day.

So, here are a few of the things I fell in love with this past week:

#200.  A long phone conversation with my mom.

201.  My son making pancakes for breakfast.

202.  Morning kisses.

206.  The deep growl of the dog as she plays.

#210.  Bird song.

212.  The cool wind in my hair.

216.  Learning to lean in and lean on love.

221.  The crackling sound of the fire place.

222.  The beautiful blowing towels on the line drying in the wind.

227.  He shares his heart with me.  Connection.

228.  A truck comes every week and takes away my trash!

233.  Every chair filled.

235.  Worship together.