"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Monday, January 18, 2021

The Waiting Deposit

 


There is a sadness that sits in the silence

as I go looking for you.

I wait and wonder, 

where I am and where you are.


What I know to be true and feel in these moments

are far from each other.

So, I wait and wonder, 

when you will come, when I will feel you.


Deeper still, I listen hard and sit long

I sense your Presence.

I wait and I wonder...


A well of truth and love that fills

the depths of my soul.

I wait and wonder...


This recessed deposit reminds me

a future that will come. 

I wait and I wonder...


Sunken deep, a guarantee

my spirit tastes and sees.

So, I wait and I wonder, 

where I am and when you will come.  




"The Spirit is God’s deposit guaranteeing that he will give us the inheritance he promised 

and that he has purchased us to be his own people. 

He did this so we would praise and glorify him."  Ephesians 1:14

 

"It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ.  

He set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts 

as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."  2 Corinthians 1:21-22