"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Loud and Clear

I love to hear them sing. My kids. Loud, full-belly singing from the back seat as we drive along... pure joy to my heart. Really in those moments, you just must join in, of course!

Today we sang together with our "Seeds" worship CD. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind...".... we sang to the catchy memory song.

While singing these amazing words, I was struck. This is a clear and very real commandment from God Almighty to His people. This is what He wants... His perfect will, His desire, His expectation for His kids.

And so the dialogue begun, half singing... half praying..., What does it mean, Lord, to love you in this way... all of me.

All my heart. How might it look if all my feelings, all my longings, all my passions were turned toward you, today?

All my soul. How, Father, would my life be different if the depths of my soul, my very personality, my gut, my very breathe and being were all about love with You?

All my mind. Father, what if all my thoughts were for you, around you, with you, toward you, submitted to you?

It is a real and clear commandment and therefore, I believe, a real and genuine possibility. Maybe even now and in the "not yet"! I believe that in this command, ... the first and greatest! (Matt. 22:38)... God's perfect intention is made clear. His desire for Me, and our relationship, is summed up in these words.

Love me. Love me with all of you.

And, I was made to love Him in this way. All of me. This is my inheritance in Christ. This is what He offers me... this beautiful, whole, complete love. This "all of me" love and relationship is what I can have with my God. Imagine.

So, I join in and sing the words... loud and clear with my kids. And, I say "Yes" Father teach me this! Lead me forward in learning how to love You more... with more of me. All of me.