"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Thursday, January 10, 2013

High and Low...Near and Far at the very same time...

photo source
His Word brings such fullness to my life.  Meditating on the fact that God reigns over all the earth was very encouraging to my heart this morning.  I find it very calming to remember that He is from all eternity:  He has always been and always will be.  (Psalm 93:2)

In my world and in my life sometimes the smallest things can take on a life of their own... and they truly become too big and too overwhelming.   A mole-hill circumstance can feel a mountain in my heart.  Does this ever happen to you?

I can feel the heavy of this "to-do" or that situation.  I can feel the bubbling of worry, the tug at my heart to plan more---fix more---and control it all...

But, this morning as I read from God's word, I found the fact of His always-ness to be deeply comforting.  How many centuries of time has He seen?  How many wars, rumors of wars, and mountains has He witnessed? He has seen them all and He was before them!  ...none has shaken Him.  ...none of these have moved His eternal being.  He has always been and will always be seated secure on His throne.

I am blessed by this Truth...

And, yet, even as I reveled in this Truth this morning, I had this inkling that His Spirit wanted to say more to me on this subject...

Yes, I am high and lifted up, Stephanie.

Yes, I have always been.  Yes, I am firmly secure on my throne.  And, yet...  

I am the God-Who-Sees.  I am your El Roi.

I was reminded that God saw Hagar in the desert... (Genesis 16:13)
He saw one lonely, discarded, de-valued woman in the desert...  What a beautiful thought.

I was reminded this morning that God heard the cry of the boy in the desert... (Genesis 21:17)
He saw and He heard one lonely, dying boy.  What a thought!

He is the Almighty, robed in majesty and secure on His throne from the ancient of days... and, He is the God who sees.    This is, indeed, power and love living simultaneously in our One God.  Two truths are one united Truth:  He is powerful and loving.... He is both/and.  (Psalm 62:11-12)

My God reigns over all the earth.  And, my God sees me.  Today.  And, He sees you...

Meditating on this fact brings sweet encouragement to my heart.