"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Monday, December 21, 2020

LAST Sabbatical Reflection: Words on a Page #36 I Remember


 I Remember...  
...words taken and reworked almost directly from Ezekiel 16...

The clear image has stolen into my mind
Day and night, without bidding.
A waking dream. I remember. 

I see her...feeling so very old at 15,
But truly so, so very young.
Insecure. Lost. Sad. Scared. 

I remember the days of my youth,
I know where I came from, 
where you found me. 

I know the state I was in---
The pain, the confusion.
Where I was heading.

You found me, 
born from lines of sin and treachery.
Bloodied with misuse.

Uncared for. Unseen.
Tossed aside and neglected.
You found me naked, unaware of my shame.

Tenderly, you brought me close.
With your hesed, you bathed me.
You washed me clean. 

You clothed me with fine linen.
Adorned me with beauty and wealth.
You fed me with choice foods.

You poured abundance.
You poured blessing on my head.
You established an everlasting covenant.

You offered yourself to me, 
Covered me with your garments.
You called me your own.

I belong to you!
I am yours.
You are mine.

With joy and with peace
You fill my days.
Your love is better than life.



Written November 2020

...words taken and reworked almost directly from Ezekiel 16..


Ezekiel 16:3-14 
"...I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you and put ointments on you. I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put sandals of fine leather on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. I adorned you with jewellery: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck..."


Written November 2020