"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Friday, December 4, 2020

Sabbatical Reflections: Words on a Page #29 Peace


 Peace

Coins spilling out of a purse, 
over-filled and bursting.

An inheritance is mine,
more wealth than Solomon himself.

And yet, I walk often without shoes,
without my coat that keeps me warm.

Riches beyond reason,
legacy that surpasses understanding.

I have been given peace,
As a birthright, it is mine!

Enduring endowment to fill,
Reality to guard and satisfy.

Today, I will accept the ring, 
wrap myself in the robe.

Today, I will lean in and receive,
I will rest my head and lay on that pillow.

I will walk in the given gift,
Take a long needed nap on the boat. 



Written October 2020


"Peace I leave with you.  My peace I give you..." (John 14:17)

Mark 4:38-39
Philippians 4:7