"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Highways to God

There is a well-worn pathway in the sheep's fields close to our home. At first glance the field simply looks like a beautiful patch of green. But this has been a public walking path for many, many years; and so, many have walked on this field with the beautiful coast as their destination. If you are looking for it you can see the well-worn, clear walking path through the short grass.
Like a road, it shows you the way to walk. Who needs a sign!?

There is a well-worn pathway to God in my heart! He was the first to make the way, the road. He walked it out before I was born. I have now walked traversed this pathway to joy, toward Him, many times before. All I have to do is look for it! It is there. Always.

Psalm 84: 5 says, "Blessed is a man whose strength is in You, in whose heart are the highways [to you]".

My heart has a pathway to God. In my heart is a highway toward Him: a road always open!

As I journey on that pathway toward Him... daily, moment-by-moment... I find strength. (Psalm 84:5)

And, I find His Presence. And, I find a home. (v. 1-3)

As I daily journey this sweet highway to God, I find in Him a shield and a comfort.
I find joy and purpose. I find contentment for my thirsty soul. (v. 6-12)

How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord!

I am praising Him today, as I keep counting His blessings of grace. His blessings pour forth day and night and this "autumn rain covers me with pools" (Psalm 84:6)

861. Gomer lessons that set my heart aright on the journey again!
862. Times of intercession that are sweet and linger.
863. A yummy steak dinner--- what a treat!
864. My man's blue eyes that still attract me and draw me in.
865. Good, deep-heart conversations.
866. Parents who come to visit and bring with them joy. ...and give us a few nights away together!
867. The wild, wild, wild wind.
868. The sand that is whisked across the wind beaten beach.
869. Being pushed to and fro by the wind... leaning into like a kite.
870. Laying on the deep green cliffs, watching the bright blue sky and listening to him tell me a story.
871. God's Word like a lamp to my soul. He lights my pathway... reminds me of the highway to Him in my heart!

I join today, with others, to say Thank You to our Father who gives blessing on top of blessing at www.aholyexperience.com.
Jesus Christ became Incarnate for one purpose, to make a way back to God that man might stand before Him as He was created to do, the friend and lover of God Himself. ~Oswald Chambers