"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fresh Air

Twice today I was given the privilege to pray with a friend. God has given us to each other. The concept of the Body of Christ is amazing and wonderful. When I sit with a friend and pray, it is like fresh air to my soul. It has refreshed me, reminded me and called me to worship.

I do really enjoy being alone with the Lord. I enjoy times of quiet and just sitting with Him by myself. But, I know He made me to be with others. To grow with others and to learn from others is so key to my make up.

This afternoon I talked with a friend who is enjoying a nine month Sabbatical. It is such fun to hear the ways that God is speaking with her, stretching her and growing her. And then we prayed! What a blessing. So, I guess that means three times today!! What fun. What a sense of renewal and a breath of fresh air.

Why don't we do this together more often?