"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Peace Offered

Today I feel at peace. I shouldn’t feel peaceful. Things in my life are a just a bit higgly-piggly with this, that and the other… I should be worried and harried. But, somewhere deep within I feel at peace. This morning I realized the peace. I realized my heart was full and I was overwhelmed with worship. Ah, Lord, this is your sustaining peace! Just a gift! Thank you for the peace that surpasses understanding.

This week has been a difficult one for me. Throughout the week, I have had to specifically and consistently give my cares and concerns to the Lord. I have had to hand over the details. I have had to physically hold out my hands and entrust my life, my family and my circumstances to the Lord many times these past few days. He has given me peace which has been “fought” for throughout the week. I have been grateful for that. He offers peace when we hand our anxieties to Him. Peace offered. And, sometimes He just gives it as a gift. It is just a grace given that is hard to explain, beyond understanding.

We have been offered such an amazing gift in peace. Both that peace which is fought for and peace which is a gift. Christ tells His disciples that His peace is not anything like what the world has to offer. I can testify to this. The "world’s" peace (i.e. my escape routes, for example) gives me short-lived peace. The world's peace is not one that sits in your gut and fills you up to full. His peace is so much more. His peace is miraculous and beyond our understanding.

Thank you Lord that you offer us a sustaining peace. Thank you Lord for your peace. I testify to the fact that you are the giver of sustaining, filling and complete peace.