"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So much more than me

I get tired. He never grows tired or weary.

I get frustrated. His plans are never thwarted.

I get confused. He knows the beginning from the end.

I get irritable and rude. His love is steadfast, perfect and never rude.

I get stupid. He is perfect wisdom and know all things.

I get overwhelmed. He can do all things.

I get selfish. He ever lives to intercede for His people.

I get afraid. In Him there is no darkness at all. His perfect love casts out all fear.

Thank you Lord for being so much more than I can ever be. Thank you for doing that which I couldn't even think of...being more than I could ever imagine. Thank you for being higher than me, deeper than me, wider than me and beyond me. Thank you for being so much more than me.

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat!...Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. ...You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you..." Isaiah 55