"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Trust and Thankfulness

As I continue to recover from my operation, I have struggled with fear and discouragement quite a bit this week.

I am realizing that the simple fact that my "insides" are a dark, unseen place ...a place I can not understand, control, or fix... makes me uneasy and afraid.

I can't really know how my insides are recovering! I can't really know if I have been healed or if I am getting better.

But, my Father can and does...

And, this is where I come back to time-and-time-again. ...He knows.

Just last night as I was expressing my fear to the Lord, I wrote in my journal: "Fear not!"
I had read a beautiful chapter in Rose from Brier by Amy Carmichael,
"In the Fear not of our God (a word repeatd in one form or another from Genesis to Revelation) there is power to endure with what at the moment is most lacking in the one to whom it is spoken, be it courage, or the will to endure and to trimph which so easily slips away from us, or just common hope and patience to carry on in peace and joyfulness of spirit."

Fear not! Father God says to His people over and over again. Trust me and know that I am God. Be still. Do not worry. Do not be anxious about anything... I am faithful and good. I am loving and kind. I know you!

These verses are not the trite phrases. NO, these words have been and are life to me today. These Truths are becoming my food!

As many of you know, I have been "counting" my way to 1,000 gifts of grace from God.
It has been good, very good, to continue to count my blessings and grace-gifts.

Along with many others at www.aholyexperience.com, I share with you here a few from my list this week:

#766. Many different tastes from many different kitchens! More food on a plate!

#768. Morning light so very bright through my windows.

#771. Other blog posts that give me hope and encouragement.

#772. Sunshine as it sets and streams in on my face.

#773. Wind blown clouds--- a beautiful display of God's glory!

#774. Feeling stronger each day.

#775. Settling down on the inside.

#776. Learning lessons about keeping my mouth shut!

#780. Dancing 9 year old boy in my bedroom. How cute are you?!

#782. Flowers brought in love. Big, beautiful, yellow-happy flowers.

#784. A sermon online that stirs and teaches.

#787. Just holding his hand. ...touches of love.

#791. Amazing patience I see in my daughter as I am irritable and unkind.

#794. Watching her smile as she watches the movie. ...her eyes smile like her dad's.

#796. A hand of "gin rummy" with my boy.

#801. Gentle words, kind eyes... insisting they keep serving me and bringing my family meals.

#802. A walk in the rain, hand in hand with my son.
"It is probable that in most of us the spiritual life is impoverished and stunted because we give so little space to gratitude.” ~William Temple
Psalm 145:3: Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.