"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Friday, March 26, 2010

His work. His people

The work is His and not mine, therefore I am able to quietly leave it in His hands. - George Mueller

I have posted about this quote before. I read it again today and I am challenged. Particularly, when "the work" is people that I love so deeply... it seems quite difficult to leave them in His hands. I know that, in part, this is because I don't truly believe that the work is His and not mine. Somewhere within I feel responsible--- like I could do more, need to hold on, ...I must do more.

It is true that you live out what you really believe. My real belief is showing forth today as I worry after those I love. I know that the deep love I feel for them is not the sin... in fact, I believe it is from the heart of God. My sin lies in the worry. My sin lies in my inability to lay them down and leave them quietly at Jesus' feet. I keep carrying them around. My back gets tired and my legs worn out... this is the problem.

...Cast your cares on the Me, our Father says.

...Do not worry about anything, but in everything make your requests known to me, my Father says.

...My yoke is easy, my burden is light, says my Friend.

...Trust in Me, lean not on your understanding, my Lord says to me.

...Salvation belongs to me, my Almighty God says!

The work is Yours, Lord. I am willing to join You whenever You want... I will go where You want and say what You want me to say. But, the work is Yours--- not mine! So, I leave them in Your hands. I leave them quietly and I choose to find rest for my weary soul.