"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Friday, October 7, 2011

Something Heavenly

Do you ever look at the news, or hear the voice on the phone, or watch someone's behavior, or read the email and just wonder if He really is hearing your prayers?  Is He really at work?!

Yesterday, I walked and prayed.  ...and a niggling doubt lingered.  Does this really matter?  Do you hear me, Lord?

I do wonder sometimes.  Is He working in this world?  Inside of me...  In others...

Sometimes I wonder and sometimes I forget.  But, today, He has reminded me again!  Yes, Stephanie, I am at work!  

He is at work... And, I am reminded that whatever God does is big!  ...and good.  ..and important.  From the small minute details of life to the partings of those Red Seas... whatever He does is Divine and Big.

In your life and in mine.

So, I shoo away that niggiling thought and say, I trust You Lord.  Today.   Because my Father is always at work and whatever He does is big!

My job is to "Trust the Lord and do good" (Psalm 37)  My job is to respond and rest in His love and His plans.  My job is to surrender and open my hands.  It is my job to "give in" and allow His work.  It is my job to look, listen and ask.  It is my job to do what He wants and to work with Him and for Him, in this world...  in others...  INSIDE of me!


Friends, we are just this side of heaven.  And, something is happening in you and in our world that is larger than life... something heavenly, something Divine!