"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gray Skies... gray mood

The weather this week has been magical. So warm. So sunny! Then, the sun left yesterday in the snap of a finger. One moment passed and it was gone.

I watched it happen. Before my eyes the sky changed.

When the sun left, the gray and rain came. And, out with the sun seemed to go my happy mood.

I wouldn't have said that I am particularly affected by weather, nor very 'solar-powered'; but, I felt this one... I have struggled to feel 'happy' since the sun left yesterday.

...struggled today to crawl out of bed into the cold, dark morning. ...struggled to do this and do that. ...struggled to enjoy even my afternoon coffee...

So, I decided (just now!) that the very best thing I could do was to "count!" and remember the abundance of blessings that rains down on me every day!! So, I stand up (on the inside--- smile) and raise my face to God and say, "Thank you!". ...asking that He would shine into my life and my heart--- because in heaven there is no need for sun, it says. And, so, He can certainly give me all the spiritual vitamin-D I need; and, thankfulness is a good place to start!

The sharing of my list here today is a spiritual act, a discipline, of worship!!

Here is a portion of my list from this past week... counting my way to 1,000 gifts with Ann and other folks at http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/10/why-christians-are-the-happiest-of-all/:

#928. His name that delivers me from nightmares.

929. A miracle of a healed sore throat.

930. Safety in our home--- His rod and His staff they comfort me.

931. Spontaneous generosity seen in the actions of my son.

932. Helpfulness and alertness seen in the sweet, kind, serving actions of my daughter.

933. Birthday gifts all wrapped in pink and ready to give.

935. Prayers said while picking blackberries.

937. Watching him love me in my love language---vacuuming the rug.

940. Feeling so proud of my man.

943. Invited to go deeper with God... beyond my head.

944. Sweet faces of newly painted ceramic animals.

Do you seen how close I am to logging 1,000 gifts?!!! I am on the home stretch and enjoying the hunt each day.

Do you want to see other portions of my lists? --------------> click on "thankfulness" in my "topics" list and worship with me!