"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." ~St. Augustine

Monday, May 23, 2011

Silliness that counts!

Sweet family are in town visiting from the States. Today Auntie introduced a song she used to sing when she was a teacher called, "Fried Ham". (*this video is not my child... just an adorable video illustrating the song)

...truly one of the most silly and random songs I have ever heard!!

Dancing around the kitchen, cleaning up after dinner, we sang, "Fried Ham, Fried Ham, Cheese and Bologna and Pretzels and Pickles and after the macaroni that we all had Fried Ham"

And, to add to the silliness of the song... we sang it over and over in different "versions". We sang it slowly, then again loudly, then again in a British accent, then again we sang the song with a squeaky "mouse" voice and on and on the singing went.

We would finish one version and my daughter would yell out, "Now what, Mommy?"

Uh... okay... like a... dog. And we would bark our way through the song.

"Now what, Mommy?!" Um.. like a baby. We would cry and whine our way through the Fried Ham song.

Silliness. Complete silliness.

And, a definite highlight of my entire week! I can't remember laughing that hard in a long time.

Father's gifts of music...

His sweet gifts of sister-in-laws. ...And, aunties. ...And, silly songs!

These are the moments I am thankful for!

These are the sweet, the holy, and the good-gifts for which I am grateful. I am counting and saying "thank-you" to my Father in Heaven.

I continue to count the blessings of God with others at www.aholyexperience.com. I am counting my way toward 1,000!! What fun! Come join us or pop over and read a few other lists... it is a good reminder of "all good and perfect gifts are from our Father above!"

#613. kissing shampoo bottles

#614. sleepy boy so sweet

#615. watching them run for the swing, me first!

#616. quick, make it on the fly, meal.

#620. it all got done!... well, most of it!

#621. running errands as a family.

#624. wildly decorated cakes.

#628. her fast-paced, take-a-breath-sweetheart, excited story telling.

#631. funny author that is making me chuckle out-loud.

#633. the printing press-- Mr. Gutenberg.


#636. my pain patch that helps me endure.

#639. laying on a bench in the sun, so sublimely happy.

#644. watching them help in the kitchen with such sweetness and grace.

#648. Surgery scheduled!!! Is this Your healing, or a part of Your healing, Father?!

#649. peace in the midst of a stolen moment.

#651. Fried Ham silliness.

#652. rain on our picnic, makes us all laugh!